Thursday, July 26, 2012

Apostle Delbert L. Stapley

This picture is of Apostle Stapley, who is dead now, but who turned my life around. After trying for another child for 8 years when Pam was 2, my sister-in-law's mother, Mrs James, who lived down the street from the Stapleys ask me if I would like a blessing from the apostle.....oh yes!  I told him my frustration and longing for another baby, well, he gave me a beautiful blessing.  In about two months I became pregnant......with twins.  I got toxic poisoning and they had to start me a month early, the morning they started my labor he came into the Holy Cross Hospital, put his hands on my head and ask God to bless the babies and I to come through the ordeal and regain our good health. This did happen..... I guess you would say this is when my testimony of the power of the priesthood grew stronger. The twins were a month early, Sherrie weighed 3lbs 13 oz and Karrie weighed 4lbs 5 oz, they were in incubators for a couple of weeks, but were always strong healthy babies.  When Sherrie and Darren were down on Temple Square last week they took this picture for me.....It is special to me.

No comments: