Monday, January 11, 2016

ON GRANDMA DUTY...........

      Well it is that time of year again when I spend a week in Vernal, Utah with my Christenson boys while their parents lay in the sun in some tropic place......this time in St. Maartins.......I look forward to bonding and catching up....Ken off to school everyday so pretty quiet.  Alex came and spent an hour with me....he is so special.....and such a hard worker.  It is very cold here and has been snowing off and on all morning so didn't even take off to shop.
      As I get older I realize shopping in the cold isn't worth it, unless I really need something badly......and when your old there are very few things you are needing.  In fact as I get older I have discovered some odd things about me........like putting things in a secret place and forgetting where the secret place is???  I also talk to myself, because some times I need expert advice!!!  The biggest lie I tell myself is "I don't need to write it down, I'll remember it!"  I remember when I was a child I thought nap time was punishment......now it's like a mini-vacation........Wouldn't it be great if we could put ourselves in the dryer for 10 minutes and come out wrinkle free and two sizes smaller??? And.....getting lucky is finding your car in the parking lot or walking into a room and remembering why I'm there???.......But getting old is better than the alternative!

No comments: