Sunday, January 22, 2012

I LIKE THIS THOUGHT.......

"A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small bundle." Ben Franklin..........Tomorrow I will be having lunch and bridge a my house for some of my dearest old friends.....it is a lot of work! At the left is a picture of some of my oldest friends. Elaine Sorensen on the right died a few months ago and will be sorely missed. At this age you never know what tomorrow will bring.
The following story is one we should really be thinking about: At 92 he manuvered his walker to his new room..."I love it he said", "But Mr Jones you have not seen it." That doesn't matter he replied, happiness is something you decide on ahead of time. Whether I like the room or not does not depend on how the furniture is arrange.....its how I arrange my mind. I already decided to love it. I have a choice. I can spend the day in bed recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no longer work.....or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do. Each day is a gift I will focus on, the new day and all the memories I have stored away. Old age is like a bank account. You withdraw from what you have put in. I advise you all to deposit a lot of happiness in the bank account of your memories.
Will be packing my bags for another trip out of town this week.....Looking forward to another fun week with fun people. Finally had a good snow storm and feels like winter.

No comments: