Tuesday, January 17, 2012

DID YOU KNOW?



Did you know bargain hunting is a challenge, researchers explain, and challenges,

deliver a dose of hyper-alertness known as "eustress"---brief but intense positive stress that our brains respond to with pleasure!

Many women find shopping relieves stress and lifts the spirits......it does me.... In fact in my family it is known as Retainl Therapy.......But if you think that you need lots of cash to reap those benefits, think again: New research by British neuroscientist David Lewis shows shopping ups our happiness levels the most when we are actively hunting down bargains. In fact, scoring a great buy produces such powerful surge of mood-boosting endorphines, it's as much of a euporic thrill as skydiving! It even makes your heart race faster than eating chocolate or kissing.......Well, when I was young I might argue that last point with you, but today I will happily agree. I pour over the sales in the morning news paper, especially on the weekends. What's out there for $19.99, kinda my limit when at this age, you know you will not live long enough to wear out something that costs fifty bucks. My cousin Lucille is bargain queen and is good to call me and tell me when she finds a great bargain. However, her deals usually don't help me much like 5o pounds of flour or sugar or rice .........at an unbelievable price, again who would ever use that much when you live alone and live on Progresso Soup? But, where I shine is in my closet! It is full of wonderful bargain......some even still have their price tags on them........ but wow, the feeling I got when I bought them was worth it!

Oh, I have a couple of cruises coming up and you ought to see the bargains I found today!

No comments: