Thursday, September 29, 2011

There are no other Me's



Yesterday was bridge day....and we were all lamenting getting older......and finally came to the conclusion that the major cause of aging is:....Birthdays! We voted to quite having them.

On the way up the canyon to Mae's house we took in the beautiful colored leaves, nature in full charge. This caused me to wonder what is nature's greatest miracle and I have decided I am nature's greatest miracle.....Since the beginning of time never has there been another with my mind, my heart, my eyes, my hands, my hair, my mouth. None that came before, none that live today, and none that will come tomorrow will walk and talk and move and think exactly like me. All men are my brothers, yet I am different from each one. None can duplicate my brush strokes, none can make my chisel marks and non can duplicate my handwriting. I am a unique creature of God. I am rare, and there is value in all raity, therefore I am valuable. I am the end product of thousands of years of evolution: so I am better equipped in both mind and body than all the emperors and wise men who preceeded me. But, our skills, our minds, our hearts and our bodies will stagnate, and die unless we put them to good use. We have unlimited potential. We use only a small portion of our brains and flex only a small amount of our muscles. Yes, we are God's greatest miracles. We are not on this earth by chance. We are here for a purpose and the purpose is to grow into a mountain. Therefore, we should try to become the highest mountain of all. All our problems, discouragement, and heartaches are in truth, great opportunities in disguise. So realize how special and different you are and try for the biggest mountain you can become.

No comments: