Friday, January 7, 2011

"ON" and "OFF'



Oh how I miss the days when everything worked with just an "ON" and "OFF" switch.........Nothing had to be recharged, cell phone, lap top, camera, kindle etc. My poor brain can hardly remember to turn off the iron and lock all the doors every night, now I have a list of things I need to check and see if they are recharged so I can use them tomorrow! Would my life stop if when I got up in the morning these things just laid there and looked at me? I don't think so, but life wouldn't be as much fun I guess. Your brain is the greatest thing ever, but some times it goes on strike and says, you don't have any more room in your files, if I don't get it to my files then I just forget how to use these things and have to be told again, and again, and again! I know how to tex.......kinda, but not really. It doesn't come automatically, but I finally figure it out. My phone can tell me who is calling, so I can choose to answer or not. I shudder when the girls suggest a new car. Theirs have bum warmers, GPS's, back up mirrors that practically talk to you, they hit a button in the house and go out and their car is warming up, movies can be played to entertain the children. My last car was 11 years old when they talked me into this one and now this one I own is about 6 years and I am finally feeling comfortable in it!!! My poor brain just can't figure me out.........The things I used to care to do, I no longer care to do, but I really do care that I don't care to do them any more. I think my get up and go just got up and went..........Oh well, tomorrow I'll work on my poor brain some more.

No comments: