Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010


I am a day late with my Thanksgiving Wishes, just busy and full of turkey and dressing. Once upon a time........I love stories that start that way it always reminds me of the many stories read to me when I was young. After those words you wait with bated breath for the next word, this time the story is a sad story about poor Tom Turkey! His story has a sad ending for him, but for us a celebration of families and food. I was doing so good on my diet, but I am back sliding with carbohydrates...which is the food version of ex-sex. I have very good intentions to just nibble, but that table of turkey, ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, hot rolls and dressing, topped off with a piece of pumpkin pie topped with whipped cream.....wow, that's good!Thanksgiving is not really a favorite day of mine. After I got married my husband was never home with us on many holidays. Pam, an only child for 11 years and I ate alone, or if we could find a restaurant open or once in awhile some one would take pity on us and invite us to dinner. Being from Colorado I had no extended family in Utah to go to. My real feeling is.......I have so much to be thankful for why not let every day be a thanksgiving day. Tomorrow I am off to Vernal with the Christensons to baby sit. I will be there till next Saturday. Gigi gets to go to the farm with me to visit her cousins. Didn't get up early to take advantage of "Black Friday's Shopping". I already have all of mine done..............YES!

No comments: