Monday, November 22, 2010

AGELESSNESS



I looked up ageless......the dictionary defines ageless as "seeming not aging, eternal".......You know like Betty White......It is an eternal quality, not about physical attributes, it's about our mental emotions and spiritual ingredients. It's about acceptance of what is going on at any moment in your life-----cherishing each day. Things like consciousness, compassion, caring and loving have always been a part of my life. They haven't changed over the years that's my agelessness. I am also more aware of my gratitude's, peace of mind and trust and not be so judgemental. I try to be flexible. Go with the flow. I was to spend the weekend in Park City at the Christenson's cabin. Now I am spending Thanksgiving Day and going to Vernal Saturday to baby sit the kids next week.....be flexible which isn't all that easy when your old. Tomorrow my youngest sister is coming up from Arizona to spend a couple of days with me......I am so excited. She wants to shop for snow boots yet????? I guess that's how it is if your from Arizona. Today I had two dentist appointments. One for a filling and a form made to fix my bridge that broke and go back and get the bridge later........I got lunch for a sweet couple who are not doing so well in my condo unit. I dread that day that that is me.......they are about my age!
I guess the way to be happy and at peace as we age is to acknowledge reality and to accept that inevitability of aging. It's either age or die, take your choice. Each day honor your body as it is now, accept your slowing down, it's not good or bad.....it just is. Feeling good about yourself helps you feel ageless. Your attitude means everything as you age. Being positive is necessary for longevity. Connect and seek out family, friends, pets, hobbies and talents. Be an example to your family and friends.

No comments: