Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Blizzard of 2010



Well, we didn't just get a winter storm, we had a blizzard. I never remember a blizzard warning before, but they were right on! My sweet sister was in Utah for Thanksgiving and we spent the day in the worst freezing weather ever trying to find her a scarf, gloves and some snow boots......(she is from Arizona). She had stopped in Flagstaff and bought a parka, good planning. I had gotten tickets for the Hale Theater to see the "The Drowsy Chaperon". Well, as the evening progressed my kids got more concerned and the news on TV was scary, we canceled and stayed home. We only got a couple of inches of snow at my house, but I guess the roads were a sheet of ice because the temperature dropped. Today I am off to the cabin to spend tomorrow with the Christensons.........you know over the hills and through the woods to Christensons I go. Darren called and warned me they have -7 degrees because of the wind chill at Park City. He does have a snow cat that will make the trip "through the woods and over the hills"...... warm when we get out of the car. The roads are good today and I took Gigi to Panniers for the night, she doesn't have a parka and boots??? It will be a fun Thanksgiving with the kids in their great cabin and lots of good turkey and dressing.

No comments: