Saturday, September 22, 2018

A PART OF ME.....

Do memories sometimes take over?  Especially on a quiet weekend?
For a girl who grew up sharing a bath towel with four siblings.....your very own clean towel can be so special.....not that it hurt me....and it did it's job.  I don't know if we just didn't have five or six towels or that my poor mother struggled with the washer on the back porch where she heated the water and carried it out to the machine OR eventually they had an automatic laundry up town,,,,but that cost money/....WHICH  she probably did not have......none of us complained....we just went with the flow.
So many things I would do different.....if I had it all to do over again.....OR NOT!
I guess I lived inside a beautiful painting where every day when I got up.....so did the sun, blue sky and wonderful parents.......and friends.  Today I can afford a dozen new towels...but for some reason have a favorite I use over and over until laundry day.....WHY?

No comments: