Monday, April 25, 2016

POEM OF THE DAY........

 
"WE ARE OLD......BUT WE ARE NOT DEAD!  PLEASE DO NOT TREAT US LIKE WE ARE!"
A reminder to all grandchildren......some of mine really fit this little story.....for many years I was in the middle of everything my 9 grandkids did.....baby siting, picking up and dropping off, sewing costumes, or fluffy dresses for the girls, going to school for grandparents day, Halloween parades or when they had programs......baseball, football, and cheerleading, piano recitals, dance reviews , birthday parties.....sleep overs.....Oh my the list could go on forever BUT it seems they have outgrown grandma now.....the only advice I can give these people is:....what goes 'goes round.....comes 'round.......when you are old????
 
I am your grandmother......
Do not treat me like an old woman as in my heart I am not.......
Instead of spending money on me, spend time with me.....A penny of it is worth more than a dollar from your wallet.
Tell me you love me......but show me as well.
Talk to me......not at me.
Make me a part of your world as you are one of the most important parts of mine!
If I repeat the same story twice......please do not tell me as I know my mind is not what it once was but reminding me only makes me feel old......
I may talk about people you never knew.....but I did and I loved them and miss them and sometimes talking about them makes them come alive for me.....if but for a moment.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: