Tuesday, March 1, 2011

COMMITTED?


What a beautiful first day of spring and I got to spend it with my little sister which made it even nicer. We spent the day catching up and just being there for each other. She has lost 56 pounds and looks and feels great. We reminisced about our life and growing older.
"How committed are you to growing and becoming.......not just aging?"
Growing and becoming are two aspects and secrets of being ageless. Growing mentally, emotionally and spiritually to becoming the great person you were meant to be at this time of your life. We both agree this is important, of course I am 11 years older than she is ........I know old.
Committing may mean you have to change your attitude about what is possible for you to move forward. If I make this commitment I know I have to learn to enjoy who I am now, no matter the age. As I age I notice I hurt in more places and it does take longer to do just about everything. I am interested, concerned, connected, inquisitive about what is on TV and in the paper every day. They say be wonder--ful and Awe--some each day you live this will keep you alive every day you live. Our perception is our reality, if we have a poor attitude and believe that life is awful, we will not find joy and peace in our life at any age. Sooooo here's to today and hopefully many more to come. I AM at peace with the universe.
"To accomplish great things, we must live as if we're never going to die" Luc de Clapieis

No comments: