Friday, February 19, 2010

Window on the Wall


I am turning into an Armchair Traveler.........After traveling the world since I was 21 , starting as (a stewardess), and finally after the 75 year mark of my life, I have really slowed down. I have been around the world and all over the world and feel very lucky. Visiting over 120 countries and six of the seven continents. As I traveled I collected photos of the many places that I visited and loved. Year after year I added these pictures to a wall in my home. "My wall of pictures is like a Window into the World....They are a visual escape. A Chance for my mind to Wander into the magic places I love all over the world......" They help me escape my every day surroundings. I can wander into the wonderful memories of the people, scenery, smells, tastes, languages and sounds of these different cultures. Such an education is beyond belief and has made me a much better and more interesting person. We took our children with us on many trips and they are encouraging their famlies to travel. I have a sign that says "DUNNROVIN" which I will hang out above my door when I fell I am absolutely, positively done rovin! Only a few more days of February left and no plans for traveling anywhere this year in sight. I am enjoying the 2010 Winter Olympics in Canada. Had a great Valentine's Weekend. Got to enjoy eight of my nine grandchildren. Tiff is enjoying a college friend from out of town for the weekend. Been working on Spotty Dot so I can get it made into a book on Shutterfly. Got to stay busy........

No comments: