Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day 2010

A beautiful Sunday, sunshine with the snow in the mountains where we love it. Tiff got roses, that she is letting me enjoy. The Cooks gave me a beautiful red velvet box of chocolates, so I am set. Went to see the movie "Valentines Day".......which was very appropriate for the day. Last night my youngest grandson spent the night with me, which is always welcome. He is growing up too fast. Tonight a gourmet dinner at the Panniers. Rob knows how to turn them out. Do I feel bad I don't have a Special Valentine anymore? Not really because now I have many special Valentines. I had a day and a time with all the love and valentines I could handle, so I still have the memories of days and loves gone by. The color red (and pink) are feel good colors. Brain scans show that when the eye sees somthing pink, it triggers the brain to release the feel-good chemical serotonin. So instead of saying my Valentines Day was fine, I will say it was great! "Using more positive, enthusiastic words makes you feel happier and more hopeful , and even strengthens all your relationships." Today I am thankful for a beautiful Valentine Holdiay and my wonderful family that loves me.


No comments: