Sunday, September 9, 2012

A GREAT OPPORTUNITY....

This is the latest picture of my favorite missionary Alex Christenson....way off in Brazil.  Standing by the road he no doubt walks many miles on and in the rain which is what happens a lot in Brazil I guess.  Even though I miss him so much, two years is a very long time, but I know that is a blessing for him from our church.  I try to look at it as a two year paid vacation where you are lucky enough to learn a foreign language first hand......right from the people themselves.  I have always loved being involved in the culture of the people I have traveled around the world to visit. No, it is not like home, but they tell us as tourist, if you want things like home, then stay home.  Here these young 19 years old can grow up, become independent and gain self confidence in a good environment.  When they come home at 21, they have grown up and are ready to face the world and their future.  Get an education, a job, marriage and a good life.  It is God's plan and a good one.  I do feel sorry, every boy on earth does not take advantage of this wonderful blessing.  Richie has turned in his papers, got his hair cut and is waiting for that letter from the church that tells him where and when and then.....I WILL HAVE TWO FAVORITE MISSIONARIES OUT THERE!  Just sent Al a email he will get and read on PdAy tomorrow.

No comments: