Wednesday, October 6, 2010

WONDERS OF THE WORLD.....

A group of students were asked to list what they thought were the present "Seven Wonders Of The World." Though there were some disagreements, the following received the most votes.
1. Egypt's Great Pyramids......2. Taj Mahal......3. Grand Canyon.....
4. Panama Canal......5. Empire State Building.....6.St Peter's Basilica.....7. China's Great Wall.
While gathering the votes, the teacher noted that one student had not finished her paper yet. So she asked the girl if she was having trouble with her list.......The girl replied, "Yes, a little. I couldn't quite make up my mind because there are so many." The teacher said, "Well, tell us what you have, and maybe we can help." the girl hesitated then read, "I think the Seven Wonders Of the World are:
1. To see.....2. To hear......3. To touch.....4. To taste......5. To feel.....6. To laugh....7. And to love.
The room was so quiet you could have heard a pin drop. The things we overlook as simple and ordinary and that we take for granted are truly wondrous. A gentle reminder.....that the most precious things in life cannot be built by hand or bought by man. This made me think that to the above list, I would add FAMILY.....I had three babies, twins yet, isn't birth one of the Wonders of the world? And they have each had three babies, 9 grandchildren, a wonderful family unit. The picture is of a get together for my oldest daughter's birthday. Three daughters, two of my granddaughters. I do not take these for granite. Yes, I have seen six of the seven wonders first listed, never made it to the Taj Mahal and the others are truly wonders. But, I created just as many wonders of my own world! Of course, God had his hand in all the real wonders of the world.
Today was a fun day with friends, a fashion show and a luncheon at the Town Club, I was Elaine Sorensons guest. Nicci gets home tonight for Tiff's wedding Saturday.........

No comments: