Monday, October 11, 2010

WE HAD A WEDDING.......


What can I say when I know her folks did a wonderful job, they are a happy couple and a ton of people had a wonderful Saturday night? We, and I say we, because Tiffany has lived with me the past five and a half years and I have been with her every step of the planning, decisions, controversies, ups and downs of planning a wedding and the excitement of being in love. The excitement of, if and when Scott would ask her to marry him and how he would do it.......Then March she received her diamond and the wedding was way off on October 9th. Then the big family decision of where to get married. Settled on the Salt Lake Country Club which was the perfect answer. Now to find the perfect dress, shoes, hair do, bridesmaid dresses, etc., etc, etc. It has been so exciting but got here to quickly for her grammy. They had the best wedding ever and Tiff and Scott are off on their honey moon, but as I sit in the quietness of my solitude I am just getting over a huge melt down.............I have been an "EMPTY NESTER" before, but it never gets any easier. Yes, I like me and living alone.....with GIGI... it will be like it was before Tiff moved in. I know she will be a wonderful roommate for Scott. The past four days were the nails and pedicures day and a Birthday luncheon for Nicci with all the girls. Friday was the day of rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, Will was my partner and Bill, Nicci's boyfriend, my buddy as we were just on lookers. Then Saturday early was hair appointments, make up appointments, getting everyone dressed and up there in time. Sunday Pam and Rob and a wonderful brunch for his family, Tiff's out of town friends and me and the couple opened the many wonderful wedding gifts they got. Now it's Monday and back to laundry and grocery shopping and it's Columbus Day! Can you be happy and sad at the same time????

No comments: