Sunday, December 6, 2009

God Knows Best

This little piece made me think:
"God doesn't give you the people you want; he gives you the people you NEED..........to help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you and to make you into the person you were meant to be."
23 years ago when my husband walked out on his family, I ask many times "Why God"? and I was very angry at him. What had I done to deserve the hurt? Now many years later and with reading the above I am more at peace in my life, and so understand how true it is. I guess I was given him at the time for a reason, we had three beautiful, healthy, smart, capeable, talented and wonderful daughters. That said, I'm not sure what else we had in common. We did love to travel and he being an airline pilot made that plausable for his family. Since he left I have found new strengths and have gone on in my life to grow in many ways I never would have with him.
A wonderfully strong family unit of three families. I have gone on with education in foreign language, with NLP classes and talked on Cruise Ships, I volunteer, I have traveled around the world ......12o countries, 6 continents and 48 states and spend quality time with my nine grandchildren. I am happy, I have a good life, Thank you God!

No comments: