Thursday, July 1, 2010

July is Here



  • Where is our summer going? Today as I made out this month's bills I try to remember where June went. One third of my summer is gone and I am just getting into the summer clothes. June started out cold and rainy, but we are definitely having Summer weather now! This is a wonderful month especially in Utah where we have two big celebrations. The Fourth of July is around the corner, with fireworks and Bar-b-Q's. A rodeo in Oakley that we look forward to, but the BIG celebration in Utah is the 24th of July, because that is when our Mormon religion celebrates the settlement that became Salt Lake City by the Mormons. Big parade, big rodeo, that lasts a week and fireworks. Corner entertainment, Children's parade, Horse parade. Utah loves this month. I grew up in Colorado and the 4th of July has many wonderful memories for me. A parade in which I was in many times, a rodeo, fireworks and a picnic in grandma and grandpa's yard with many relatives. Yes, welcome to July 2010!

No comments: