Tuesday, May 30, 2017

MEMORIAL WEEKEND......

A very quiet Memorial Day weekend......Ken went to Vernal.  I had the dog groomed, slept in every morning, chatted with neighbors and shopped.  I have no family graves here.....so there was no trip to the cemetery to put out flowers.......which was big when I was growing up and mother gathered all the flowers in bloom and off we kids went with her to help clean up the graves and put a flower on them.  My grandparents, cousins etc......now the job has grown with my parents and aunts and uncles added to the list.......we no longer have family in our little town to carry on the tradition, but we never forget them in our hearts.
A big priority......remember our wonderful service men who have died to keep us free.....I guess every day is memorial day in one form or another as we always miss those loved ones who are gone.

No comments: