Tuesday, July 26, 2016

IN THE PAST.........


I can't believe my blog is up and running......it has been part of my daily routine for so many years and lately this darn computer has not been co-operating at all.......but yesterday my very smart grandson Will came over and bailed me out......still can't get Facebook or email......darnit.
Today I want to leave for my future generations a magic concoction that the pioneers used many years before antibiatics.......PIONON SALVE:
      1.  Get soft pitch from pinon or pine tree early in the Fall......
      2.  You take pitch and heat and strain it through a screen wire to get bark out.....then strain through cheese cloth while still hot and add to mutton tallow.....which has already been rendered out from tallow of sheep or goats.
      3.  Take 1 part pitch ---to 1 part tallow---- Add 5 drops of carbolic acid to each gallon of the pitch and tallow mixed.
      4.  When cool put in small containers like baby food jars.
      5.  The tallow has to be bought from Indians as the stores do not handle it. and you need;
       1/2 GALLON PITCH
       1/2 GALLON MUTTON TALLOW
       5 DROPS CARBOLIC ACID.....YOU HAVE TO SIGN FOR THE CARBOLIC ACID.
       You can melt pitch in RR.....but line it with paper and throw away plastic used to melt it in......    MARGARET RAMSEY
       My neighbor shared some she had......which started this whole idea of making it......good for absolutely everything!!!!

No comments: