Thursday, March 31, 2022

MARCH OUT...APRIL IN......

Today the end of March....it has gone fast.....and tomorrow April Fool's Day!..April a busy birthday month in this family.....Twins....Me....Brother JIM.....grandson Ken and Libby.....As I look back over 90 years of birthdays......some stand out!  When I turned 70.....the girls told me to dress up as we were going to a wedding......In my silk pant suit and cashmere coat with real fox fur collar and cuffs ......I felt ready.  Darren and Robby picked me up in the Christenson's ROYAL ROYCE....with a jar of Poopon Mustard in the back seat...(seems there was a comercial at that time with the mustard riding around in that car)......and a crown and whisked me off to the Grand American Hotel.....As I climbed out.....carrying my jar of mustard.....people were whispering who is that...arriving in a car like that etc......The three girls and Rich were waiting for me in a nice room upstairs with a bouquet of 70 red roses......snacks......and new p j;s toothbrush etc. and told me we ...the girls and I...... were staying all night. Soon it was time to go to the wedding.....which turned out to be a play at Trolley Square....Sally marries Harry....or something like that...after their marriage the audience were to stay for the dinner and dancing......fun!  Back to the hotel for a slumber party with the girls and the boys went home to tend the kids.  Breakfast was room service ..... spoiled.  Then we checked out of the room and went to Trolley Square for lunch in the rain,,,,,When my sister Jo was dying of cancer she said...."when I am gone I will  leave penny's and you will know I am with you"...At the front door in a puddle of water......were 7 pennies!!!
A birthday I will always remember and what wonderful kids......
Last year.....the COOK family arrived with 89 balloons and turned them loose in my house...they went up in my high ceilings and entertained me and the neighbors for a couple of weeks......As they slowly floated down...several each night....I would take them out doors and toss them into the wind to fly over the neighborhood with my good wishes.....so fun.
I am so lucky to be having another birthday.....a big 90 one coming up.....

 

No comments: