Sunday, August 29, 2021

LONG AGO AND FAR AWAY.....

With all the bad things happening in the world today....I try to go to bed thinking of something good in my life.....To day when I was buttering my toast...I thought about the butter I had growing up....My grandparents lived a couple of blocks down the street.....they had a cow named Pansie...grandpa milked faithfully every evening.....Grandma made sure we always had milk...she would let it sit until the cream came to the top and take it for butter.....into a big glass churn it went and we would fight over who got to churn it into pretty yellow butter.....she would salt it and put it into a wooden butter mold and was it good on her big hot rolls....then the war came and our butter was sack of lard looking stuff with a small capsul of coloring in it to break and turn this stuff yellow....like real butter...... when you are young you don't question your food much......my kids know only our now days butter.....the rest of the milk was made into cottage cheese orbutter milk.....now days they come in tidy cartons with dates on them and are always available......I never wondered where butter came from....I watched it magically appear from cream in a churn.
Been a long quiet weekend....I never made it to church.....talked to Mike ...he will be out of Page in two days....off to ST GEORGE to live and work after nine years with Darren in Page running his B and B'S.....I knew he had a girl friend!!!  I'ts best I don't write down what I think of him.......I wish Sher would talk to me about the divorce......

 

No comments: