Monday, August 11, 2008

Beijing Summer's Olympics

Had a great weekend! Tiff and I got a pizza and setteled in to watch the Opening Ceremonies of
the Summer Olympics coming from Beijing..............Friday night..........and stayed pretty well glued to the TV the whole weekend. It was truly a fabulous sight and to be able to witness it in your comfortable chair in front of the TV with a big slice of pizza was such a treat. We had a much better seat than many of the ticket holders had. I have been lucky to have been to Beijing and seen it with my own eyes and walk Tenimin Square so know what a great feeling it can be. Of course, I would like to go back someday and see the Ice Cube and the wonderful bird nest and all the other buildings, but we shall see? At my age there may never be another Summer Olympics for me, so I am experiencing this one with all my heart and soul. In the middle of Saturday nights swim meet we got a text message from my oldest grandson.......he had been
playing water basket ball and someone came down on his head with an elbow and he was on his
way to the hospital to get sewed up.......seven stiches.....no less. I guess this to will pass...........and
boys will be boys come to my mind.
Just made plans with my sister to do a driving tour in October of the New England states to view
the Famous Fall Foliage...........Any helpful hints or suggests from either people who live there or
people who have been there done that, "The TWO LITTLE 'OLE LADIES FROM COLORADO" would appreciate it.

1 comment:

Nicci said...

Gram! I love your journal entries-you are such a great writer! Will you please publish your book about margaritas in mexico?