Tuesday, December 31, 2019

HIGHS AND LOWS OF 2019.....

DECISIONS.....DECISIONS....WHAT SHALL I WEAR THIS NEW YEAR'S EVE?
I WILL BE ON MY COUCH WAITING FOR THE BALL TO DROP IN NEW YORK AT 10:00 SO I CAN GO TO BED.  I'M THINKING EITHER MY NAVY BLUE WITH DOTS OR THE RED PLAID????PJ'S?
And so this is the last day of 2019......As I think back over this year....I contemplate the highs and lows of this year......In May ......my little sister pushed me down at the baseball game....(love telling people that...... as i am in my 80s and she is in her 70's).......and I got a concussion and had vertigo for a couple of months......just as I was recooperating from that I discovered I had breast cancer......as did Karrie.....so these were very low times this year.  But in every life a little rain will fall....so why not me? And my breast cancer connected Karrie and I again.....Thank you God!
Then.....the HIGHS.....I guess it had to be that my three daughters and their mates....my nine grandchildren and those married plus three single guys and my four great-grandchildren.....were all here for a fun pre-christmas breakfast and a neat picture!...THE BEST CHRISTMAS GIFT A MOTHER CAN GET!  This year I had two new great-grandchildren...now two girls...two boys......I am officially GIGI....(great grandma)....To them.....such a lucky person....Fair health for 88 breathing down my neck.....Then the frosting on the cake......Brayden and Libby ask if they could live in my basement while she goes to school at UVU and Bray works at Park City Resorts....they can save some money and I love the company and help around the house.....I have the greatest neighbors and friends and family.....what more can I say?
I am finding....."there is no place like home".....and I am so greatful I have a nice safe home surrounded by loving and caring people.....who are always there or me.  No traveling.....Do I miss it? Yes.....but nothing lasts forever....."don't be sad it is over......just be glad you got to do it"......Looking forward to a great 2020........Happy New Year.....

No comments: